Monday, January 24, 2011

Current Event Response

   The article about the missing child, that was separated from her family for 23 years stuck out to me the most. I found out that young woman discovered that she missing herself, with no previous help from the authorities. I could not imagine that point of realization, thinking that the past 23 years of my life was a lie, the people I thought were my parents were actually my kidnappers.  The birth parent's lives must have been unbearable as well. Having to accept that your child is gone and moving on with your life with out them must have been painful, to say the least.  
   However, the story also made me think about how young woman grew up. Was her kidnapper ever a mother to her? Did she have somewhat of a normal life? Was she ever abused? I don't know what I would do to one day realize that most of my life for 23 years was lie. Just from reading one article and seeing various new reports, I gather that this young woman is a strong willed. By taking action to change her life suddenly, she displays a strong nature. She obviously wants to be a part of her family and knew that something was not right with her previous situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment